Grange Motors operates a sales, service, repairs and parts facility for Mercedes-Benz vehicles at our new state-of-the-art premises, located on Pottery Road, Dun Laoghaire.
Grange Motors seeks to recruit a talented and dynamic General Manager to manage the sales and after-sales operations. This is an exciting time to lead the sales and after sales team as our model range continues to grow and our brand new premises is now open on Pottery Road, Dun Laoghaire.
Reporting to the Managing Director, you will have full responsibility and the appropriate authority for the management of every aspect of the business. You will lead a skilled team to drive profitability, meet or exceed performance targets and deliver excellent customer service. You will have a vision for the long-term future of Grange Motors and have the initiative and management ability to deliver that future.
You will be a senior manager and a natural leader in your current position, with a proven track record of achievement, have significant retail motor industry experience, and be able to demonstrate excellent knowledge of managing a sales and after-sales operation. An attractive remuneration package in keeping with the seniority of the position is offered.
Key duties and responsibilities to include:
- Developing a high performance, collaborative and empowered leadership culture, influencing and engaging at all levels across the business.
- Coordinating regular meetings with the department managers to ensure their profitability and efficiency.
- Completing management performance evaluations regularly and developing short and long-term goals for each department.
- Maximising commercial opportunities in all areas of the business.
- Managing the financial targets set for the business.
- Overseeing monthly financial statements to ensure they are complete, accurate and submitted on time to senior management.
- Ensuring maximum efficiency and profitability of the company while providing a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Delivering excellent day to day operational performance across all indicators, people, safety, quality, service, efficiency and cost.
Desirable experience and skills:
- Proven experience of running a successful sales and after-sales operation within the motor industry is essential.
- Experience in the passenger vehicle sector is highly desirable.
- Proven people management skills and leadership ability.
- Sound business acumen, and the capability to control costs and increase profits.
- A strong work ethic with the ability to achieve desired results.
- Strong technical knowledge.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven ability to work to high standards.
- Strong IT and administration skills.
- Ability to work calmly under pressure.
- Possess a full and valid driving license.