Java Web Developer & IT Support – Dublin
CRIF VisionNet is currently one of Ireland’s leading Credit Rating Agencies. Our service includes instant access to Company and Director Searches, Credit Reporting and Analysis, as well as comprehensive Debt and Risk Monitoring.
The Vision-net.ie database houses information on all Companies, Sole Traders and Directors registered in Ireland, Northern Ireland. and the UK, plus detailed analysis, CRO documents, research, judgment data and credit ratings.
Through our 2 main websites, Vision-net.ie, and SoloCheck.ie we help our clients to
– protect their business from failing companies,
– minimise financial loss due to bad debts,
– grow their sales through quality new marketing lists
– and provide early warning alerts
allowing our users make more informed and better credit decisions.
Based at our Dublin office, this full time role will involve supporting and maintaining a busy IT System. As part of your career development you will gain exposure to leading edge web technologies to help maintain and grow the Vision-net.ie products. Working in a small team, and closely with our IT Manager, this role will provide the perfect platform to learn more about running a modern, busy website. You will also have the opportunity to gain superb experience in web development, testing and product launch.
Key Skills Required:
– A true passion and interest in technology and software development, with an understanding of current trends, best practices, and a desire to stay up-to-date on the latest technologies changing the web.
– Strong Java coding skills.
– A comprehensive understanding of object-oriented design and programming methodologies.
– The ability to write well documented, maintainable, and testable code.
– Database and SQL skills.
– 2-5 years programming experience
– Linux command line knowledge is a definite plus.
– Oracle 11g database experience including PL/SQL.
– An understanding of RESTful APIs.
– Experience with JSON, XML and XSL.
What We Are Offering
– Full-Time Permanent Position in Dublin.
– A comprehensive benefits package.
– Fun and friendly environment to enjoy your work.
– Be involved in building and maintaining a busy website.
– A position which will allow you to expand your existing skills and knowledge in a commercial environment.
– An opportunity to experience full life cycle development and project ownership in an Agile environment.
– Great job satisfaction.
– See your contribution count and make a real difference.
The Ideal Candidate – Personal Attributes
– Candidates must be able to work in a team environment.
– Candidates must also be able to use their own initiative but not be afraid to ask for help.
– Have the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical people.
– Be innovative and enjoy working with emerging technology.
– Self-starters and talented individuals who’ll enjoy working in our fast paced growing operation.
– A strong work-ethic, with the ability to take tasks to completion.
If the above sounds like you and we’d like to hear from you. Please send on your CV.